Sunday, September 30, 2012

Things that Inspire Me

Hola Amigos!

So the past few days I've had trouble writing. I don't know if it's lack of motivation or  laziness or if I simply don't know how to put the next part of my story into words. (Side note: To make things worse, my dog keeps sitting on my laptop, demanding my attention. And when I don't give it to him, he growls. He's kind of a jerk.) 

So anyway, I decided to do this post for a little bit of inspiration. And you remember how I love lists, right? So I'll call this list "Five Things that Inspire Me." Hope you enjoy, and maybe receive some inspiration, too :)

Five Things that Inspire Me:





The Counte of Monte Cristo (movie)

I adore this movie. It has everything the perfect story should: Adventure, Romance, Treasure...best of all Revenge. And it even boasts a happy ending. I'm big on happy endings. They don't always happen in life, and so it feels really good when they happen in movies.














The Ocean

If you've read my books, you'll know the ocean always plays a small part in them. Is there anything better than the sound of lulling waves crashing against the shore? Speaking of that, I don't get it when people wear headphones at the beach. I mean, I love music just as much as the next person (see number 3 on my list ) but who wants to tune out one of the most relaxing sounds on earth? Not me, that's for sure. Anyway, I think the ocean inspires me because it's this huge, vast mysterious thing. And when I look at it, I remember how small I am, and it teaches me a little humility.


Ne-yo




I love listening to music. Especially when I write. In fact, the basis of Wanderlove came from a song. I chose Ne-yo not only because of his music, but because of how talented a song writer he is. He's written songs I had no idea came from him- and sung by female artists. As a girl, it's crazy how much I can relate to some of his lyrics.





Disney Fairytales 

I know, I know. Disney princes are the sole reason us girls grow up to resent the fact that real life men don't actually ride up on white horses to to save the girl. That being said, the disney fairytales do make for great stories. And let's be honest, Belle was the best princess by far. ;)





Aiports

Yep, I threw a weird one in there to make you scratch your head. And sigh...I really do love them. There is something about the energy, about going places and the excitement of that. If you look around at the drop off, you might find a couple kissing goodbye as if they'll never see each other again--- or you might see them reuniting as if they've been apart forever. Once I saw a golden retriever reunite with his owner and it was one of the best things ever! The dog ran sooo fast, and then jumped up into his owner's arms. And this was no small poochie. He had to be at least 50 pounds. And the best part was, the owner looked just as happy to see his dog. Anyway, airports always make me look around and look at people, wondering what their "story" might be. 





2 comments:

  1. I love this list. I think I'll have to do one of my own, which will include books that captivate me! Much like yours!

    ReplyDelete